PARENTS & FRIENDS ASSOCIATION
Our amazing Parents and Friends organisation is a vital link between home and school. The P&F meet twice a term, in Weeks 2 and 7. We meet in the staffroom with the meeting commencing at 6:30pm. All are welcome to attend and I know you will find the meetings informative and very friendly. The P&F supports the school by organising social and fund-raising events. All families are welcome to participate by attending P&F meetings, social functions and by joining committees.
Funds raised by the P&F are used to assist the school in the purchase of resource materials. In the past these funds have been used to purchase reading books, mathematics equipment, computers, classroom furniture, play and sporting equipment and to upgrade the playground.
The Parents and Friends Association has a major role to play as a parent forum, in helping to build a true spirit of community within the school, in the interaction between parents and teachers and in fundraising. The Parents and Friends Association, as a key parent group in the school, provides a forum for parents to:
- provide input on parent priorities and suggest ideas about Catholic schooling
- work closely with principal and staff
- raise money for resources
- provide students services e.g. canteen
- provide support for school programs etc working bees
- provide opportunities for social interaction and parents to form supportive networks